Sunday 11 June 2017

New kit for the coming season 

Decided to upgrade my stalking kit for the coming season. As 95% of my stalking reverts around rough terrain and cover I once again opted for a synthetic stock, this time with a new Blaser professional success R8 in calibre .270. I chose the Zeiss V8 scope with Asv and illuminated reticule. Matched with the blaser swing off mounts this in my opinion is the perfect set up for my needs and also my clients needs too. I've been using this set up over the last few weeks and I am still amazed at the zeiss v8 optics. At last light testing the glass is still far superior to anything I've ever used previously. The reticule 60 with the illumination is ideal for those last few minutes of light when the black crosshair just begins to blend in with my quarry. The asv turret is remarkable and I've tried this out to 500 metres so far with success.  The Blaser shoots like a dream and I'm getting groups of sub minute of angle at 150 metres and also 200 metres using Hornady superformance 130gn. 



3 comments:

Sika Hunting

Sika Hunting